What is NAMI’s Family & Friends Program?
NAMI Family & Friends is a free 90-minute or four-hour seminar that informs people who have loved ones with a mental health condition how to best support them. It’s also an opportunity to meet other people in similar situations and gain community support.
What You Should Expect:
The seminar is led by trained people with lived experience of supporting a family member with a mental health condition. They will walk you through the following topics:
- Understanding diagnoses, treatment and recovery
- Effective communication strategies
- The importance of self-care
- Crisis preparation strategies
- NAMI and community resources