Enjoy this slideshow of the 2017 NAMIWalks Mississippi! We still need your support. Donate at namiwalks.org/mississippi, or participate in any of the fundraising events on our event pages. Remember that your contributions go toward supporting NAMI Mississippi's Signature Programs, which can be found at https://namims.org/programs/.
Posted by NAMI Mississippi on Monday, November 27, 2017
Saturday, November 11, 2017
Mississippi State Capitol
400 High St, Jackson, MS 39201
Theme: “Giving Our Veterans a Helping Hand”
Join us at NAMIWalks Mississippi as we raise awareness & funds for our mental health programs and support services:
- Family Education & Support
- Peer Education
- Support & Speaker’s Bureau
- Anti-Discrimination & Advocacy
It’s time to build your team! Join us to have fun with your friends and family and support efforts to build better lives for the millions affected by mental illness.
Winning Steps to Building a Team:
1. Create your team. Visit www.namiwalks.org to register your team. Make sure to include a welcome message, pictures and videos.
2. Lead by example. Create a personal web page and encourage your teammates to do the same.
3. Talk about it. Tell your story or have friends and family tell theirs to inspire others to join your team.
4. Promote it. Use posters, personal letters, email and social media tools to build your team and secure donations.
5. Brand your team. Create a team name, design t-shirts or other clothing accessories.
6. Encourage competition. Support friendly competition between departments or companies and our incentives.
Register FREE online at www.namiwalks.org/mississippi
This year’s event also includes a Wellness Festival!
- Take W. Capitol St. to N. State St.
- Use the left two lanes to turn onto N. State St.
- Destination will be on the left.
- Take W. Capitol St. and N. State St. to High St.
- Turn right onto High St.
NAMIWalks teams, don’t forget about our annual T-shirt contest! 🏆 The winner will be submitted to NAMI National for a chance to win a cash prize. Email your design to Sitaniel Wimbley at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 3, 2017. The winner will be announced the day of the walk.