July 19, 2019 Posted by: Associated Press Mississippi Business Journal https://msbusiness.com/2019/07/mental-health-services-ending-for-thousands-in-mississippi/
Mental health services will soon end for thousands of adults and children in four Mississippi Gulf Coast counties because of a lack of funding.
The Gulf Coast Mental Health Center notified the boards of supervisors in Harrison, Hancock, Pearl River and Stone counties that the grant-funded agency will be unable to fund services after Aug. 11, news outlets reported. And, officials said they will inform the state’s chancery courts that Read More
- MSU psychology faculty researchers receive $1.6 million suicide prevention grant
- How To Keep People Engaged In Mental Health Treatment
- Study Shows NAMI Homefront Helps Veteran Family Members
- Will a Court Force Mississippi to Change on Mental Health?
- Mississippi Mental Health Leader Says She Supports Community Treatment